With only a few days left in 2017 I thought it would be fun to look things that Disney fans can look forward to in 2018.
In Movies from Marvel:
- “The Black Panther” staring Chadwick Boseman in February
- “The Avengers: Infinity War” in May. Looks like this one has all of our favorite characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- “Ant-Man and Wasp” in July. This has Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly reprising the roles from “Ant-Man”.
- The “Incredibles 2″in June. This has most of the voice talent returning from the first movie.
- “Solo: A Star Wars Story” staring Alden Ehrenreich in May. I have heard rumors that this movie is in trouble, but I heard the same type of rumors about “Rouge One” which I feel is one of the better Star Wars films.
From Walt Disney Studios:
- “A Wrinkle in Time” staring Reese Witherspoon in March.
- “Disneynature: Dolphins” in April.
- “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2” in November. I find the cast of this very interesting as Disney has the voice talent of several of their more recent films in this movie. For example Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel are playing Anna and Elsa in the “Ralph Breaks the Internet”.
- “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” staring Mackenzie Foy, Keira Knightley, and Morgan Freeman in November.
- “Mary Poppins Returns” staring Emily Blunt in December.
Both Disney’s California adventure and Disney’s Hollywood Studios will have new lands opening in the Summer of 2018. California adventure will be getting Pixar Pier, while Hollywood Studios will be getting Toy Story land. Pixar Pier will be the replacement or rebranding of most of the Paradise Pier attractions. For example California Screamin will be replaced by the Incredicoaster. The areas of the Paradise Pier that are not part of the transformation will become a new land named Paradise Park. Toy Story Land is mostly replacing backstage areas, it will incorporate the current Toy Story Mainia attraction as well as get the Slinky Dog Dash roller coaster, the Alien Swirling Saucers and a new quick service dining location named Woody’ Lunch box. This addition will help Hollywood Studios a lot, it has suffered from a lack of entertainment options since construction of Toy Story Land, and Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge began.
In February Disney on Broadway will be bringing “Frozen” to the stage. Caissie Levy will be staring as Elsa and Pattie Murin will star as Anna. You can visit the show’s web page at frozenthemusical.com.
So what do you think? Does this get you excited about 2018? Please comment and share, and have a Happy New Year!