There are lots of treats that you can get a Disney World, in opinion may of them are overrated by Disney guest. I actually like the most of the treats on this list. I just don’t think that these treats deserve the hype that the receive from Disney fans, or I do not think the treat is worth the wait in the line that often forms to purchase them.
- Turkey Legs – You can get these at the Turkey Leg Cart in Frontierland for $11.75. There are also several other places in Disney World that sell them. Why do I think they are overrated? Simple, because where I live (in Texas), I can get them at any County Fair, Livestock Show, or Rodeo. They are also available at many sporting events. In short I think the hype for them is a bit much, because I don’t see anything special about them.
- Churros – Available at the Frontierland Churro Cart for $5.50. I find these to be overrated for the same reason that I find Turkey Legs to be overrated. Not only can I get them at the same places I can get the Turkey Legs, but I can also get them at many restaurants near my home. Even worse the gas station a mile from my house sells foot long churros.
- Dole Whips – Available at Aloha Isle for $4.49. This used to be one of my favorite Disney treats, that was until they became one of the most popular treats in all of Disney World. As much as I like them, I never thought they were worth waiting in a 30+ minute line to purchase them. I would much rather get an ice cream at one of the dining locations that do not have such a long wait.
- Anything from Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles – More commonly referred to by most guest as the French Bakery, I have the same problem with the treats here that I have with the Dole Whips. The wait is often just to long. Even with the new larger location I have seen 20-30 minute waits. Usually, if there is any sort of line I head over to the Moroccan Pastries and Coffee bar, which almost never has more than a couple of people waiting. Another option is the Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe in the Norway Pavillion. Even though Kringla Bakeri usually has a line it is never as long as the line for the French Bakery, and in my opinion the treats are better than what you can purchase at the French Bakery.
- Mickey Bars – These run about $5 from various ice cream carts around Disney World. Let’s face it, the mickey bar is vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate. A confection that can be purchased in just about any grocery store, convince store, and ice cream shop in the United States. The only thing that makes Mickey Bars different is that they are shaped like Mickey Mouse.
Do you agree with my list? Can you think of any other treats at Disney that are overrated? Please let me know in the comments.